Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

chair remodel.

Yes, I know...  It's been a long time.  But here's a project that I did this past spring (yes!  I know, it's 6 months late.)  But now they are chairs in my dining room and they look so cute and great!   Except, there is only 3...so far that's all that I have been able to find, so every day while I am walking around, I keep my eyes out for a lone chair by a dumpster.  :)

When you don't have a car and don't speak the language*, and there isn't a Target around, sometimes I'm at a loss of where to find things...  But then I found Home Depot.  Okay, so someone took me there, and it's not called Home Depot, but I walked in and I'm pretty sure bells and choirs started singing.  I found a happy spot!  It was even orange like Home Depot.  So many possibilities!  So I got some grey enamel paint, sanded the chairs a little, took off the old covers, bought a camping mat**, cut up my tablecloth that I used as a table runner for my desk in the office, staplestaplestaple and whaalaa!  Cute little chairs.

I hope you all are doing well, and since the Christmas season is now officially upon us, I can't wait to see what everyone is making!


*uh, I live in Lithuania...and I found all those chairs by dumpsters...
**I didn't know where I could find padding/foam, and the camping mat was so cheap and just the right width.  It has the same function...to provide a small amount of comfort from a hard surface...



  


No comments:

Post a Comment