Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

imported.



I realize that it has been a while since I've posted.  But I have some things up my sleeve.  I also realize that I said that the last time I posted...3 months ago.  This time, it's true.  I should be posting relatively soon about a new project.  



Yesterday was May 20.  A day that always has a small amount of significance since it was the day that I was adopted.  Usually this day passes with a simple recognition of it between my mother and I.  However, a few months ago, as I was looking on etsy for ideas for a Mother’s Day card, I kept stumbling upon adoption artwork...usually with the birth country and the day, and a line about how that day they became a family.  While yes, that is true, it was a little too mushy for me.  But I thought the idea was cute, so I decided to make this for my Mom and Dad to commemorate my 26th anniversary of being a Leichty.  

I hope it makes you laugh, or at least a smile, because I know that it made me laugh.  (Think about it, what choice did they have?)  Leichty's don't really like to talk about feelings, so we probably don't say this enough, but I love you all.  And I truly mean it, with all my heart.  Those that picked me up at the airport, those that married in, and the little ones that call me Auntie Kristen.  Especially the ones that call me Auntie Kristen.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment